You see, today is Friday and normally I'm at work on a Friday. I usually come into work, check my work email, and get right to work... on a blog post. But you see today, I'm not at work. I'm spending my day with my best friend, the one who just gets me, and one of the few people on this planet that I would literally die without.You see, I'm lucky. Lucky to have the most amazing mom. And lucky to have the day off to spend it with her for her birthday.
So I figured, what better what to celebrate her (other than lunch and pedicures and shopping) but to share with you some of the things my mom has told me thru the years...
1. "You are made of tougher stuff than this" - Oh boy have I heard that quite a few times. Anytime I'm discouraged or sad or just angry, this has been the one thing she has told me that has been louder than anything else. And it just so happens that a really special lady up in heaven told it to her as well, cause God knows I am my mother's child.
2. "You can't make everyone happy" - I've always tried to be a people pleaser. Work, friends, family, boyfriends, school. You name it, I tried to please. I've stressed myself out SO many times just trying to please others and you know what, there just aren't enough hours in the day.
3. "It's okay to cry when you need to" - I've literally had friends that made fun of me for crying or said it made me weak. Whether it be at a movie or tv show, or if it was during an argument. I cry. I cry when I'm sad, when I'm happy, when I'm mad, and when I'm stressed. Bet you'll never guess where I get that from.
4. "I will always have your back" - It didn't matter what it was, she would always have my back, and she has. Sure there have been a few times where I was wrong and she disagreed, but she still supported me. And that is the best way to have someone's back.
5. "No matter what, I'm here" - If this hasn't been true, I dunno what has. I literally talk to my mom every single day. In fact, just this week we didn't talk on Tuesday and my mom called me promptly at 8:40 on Wednesday morning asking why not. She is part of every big decision I make and she knows it all.
So happy birthday momma! I do hope this is your best one yet, although it will be quite hard to top 50. I love you to the moon and back and if I can be half the mom you are one day, I'll be lucky.
And because it's Friday, we #backthatazzup with Whitty Cakes